43. “Pride” makes one underestimate his rivals. “Self-conceit” makes one lag behind the others.
“Pride plus Self-conceit” will make one lose his motive power for further progress.
Precious advises to success -- 12 secret codes
導向成功的金玉良言 --- 成功秘碼 13 條
* Being good is not enough. What I want is to be good and better and ever better. What I am today must be surpass what I was yesterday.
「 只有好， 還不夠，我要做到「好還要再好」。 今天的我，要嬴過昨天的我。」
* If you want to win others’ respect and appreciation, you have to beat
* Don’t be too confident that you are the strongest one. There is still the possibility that someone weaker than you will surpass and defeat you someday.
* If you keep seeking a leisure life, being proud and underestimating your rivals, going after extravagance, doing willful wasting, and living a corrupt life, these bed habits will be destroy you ultimately.
* One who can accept others’ criticism will make progress. Only by making progress you will doing better and ever better.
* Failure is the root of success.
Making progress is the resource of success.
Blaming the Heaven and the men without doing self-criticism is the evil root of failure.
Giving up efforts without making progress is the bitter fruit of failure.
* Success or failure happens at a click of the mind.
* A successful mind is the decisive factor of success.
An unsuccessful mind is the decisive factor of failure.
* There is no everlasting success on earth.
There is no everlasting failure on earth either.
* What you do should be good to better and ever better. This is the guarantee of success forever.
* Being proud and self-conceited; craving for leisure life and enjoyments are the roots of evil. They will let you fall down from the peak of your success. Be cautious and cautious!